At it’s very simplest a force is a push or pull that is applied by one object on another object. A force can have several effects and can cause:
1. An object that is stationary to start moving
2. An object that is moving to become stationary
3. An object that is moving to speed up
4. An object that is mving to slow down
5. An object that is moving to change the direction of travel
6. A change to the shape of an object
Forces are measured in newtons (N) named after Sir Isaac Newton and is the force required to accelerate a mass of 1kg at the rate of 1m/sec².