- identify, observe or measure changes over time
- can take place over a span of time from minutes and hours to weeks and months
- enables children to identify a pattern that may emerge from observations
- facilitates making predictions based on these observations
- may involve understanding natural sequences and cycles
The Ogden Trust have a useful resource for developing Comparative & Fair Testing. You can download this here.
What happens to the leave on a tree at different times of year?
How does the pond are change over the year?
How does the weather change from season to season?
How does a caterpillar change into a butterfly?
How do plants change as they grow?
How do humans change as they grow?
How does water change when it is heated and cooled?
Observe and record evaporation from a puddle.
Observe life cycle changes of animals in the local environment
Observe and compare how different animals reproduce and grow.
Human time lines.
Observe changes that take place when burning or baking takes place.
Observe the phases of the moon. How does the moon appear over the period of a month?